THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS NOW PASSED
Author notification: March 2024
Welcome to the IAMSE Abstract Submission Platform
The International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE) is pleased to announce the call for abstracts for Poster and Oral presentations for the IAMSE Conference to be held in Minneapolis, Minnesota from June 15-18, 2024. The IAMSE conference offers opportunities for faculty development and networking, bringing together medical science educators from many professional disciplines and spanning the continuum of health care education.
Poster & Oral Presenter and Author Requirements
- After a Poster or Oral abstract has been submitted, the submitter has until December 1 to submit any corrections or changes to the IAMSE Admin Office. After December 1st, only small, grammatical corrections will be accepted.
- Poster and Oral Presentations will be limited to one presenter, referred to as the “Presenting Author”. The Presenting author is also the author to who all communications regarding the submission will go.
- The Presenting Author is to be selected at the time of submission. Changes to the presenting author will be accepted until April 1 of the Conference Year. At that time, changes to the Presenting Author will only be accepted if there is an unexpected occurrence that prevents the Presenting Author to travel to the Conference.
- The Presenting Author must be an author listed on the original abstract submission, even if a change in Presenting Author is requested at a later time. Author additions to an abstract will only be accepted until December 1. No authors will be added anymore once the review process has begun to maintain the academic integrity and ethics of the review process.
- Once accepted, the Presenting Author will have until April 1 to notify the IAMSE Admin Office of any scheduling conflicts. After April 1, scheduling conflicts will only be taken into consideration if there is an unexpected occurrence that prevents the Presenting Author to present at a given time. No changes will be made to the presentation schedule once it has been posted to the IAMSE Conference website.
- If a Poster or Oral submission does not list any financial disclosures and the IAMSE Admin Team and Program Committee Chair have reasonable suspicion that one or more authors are receiving direct payments, or any indirect additional funds or gifts from a commercial entity (profit or non-profit) related to their role in their abstract, the abstract in question will be rejected immediately and pulled from the program.
POSTER SUBMISSIONS – General Information
All attendees of the conference can submit an abstract for a poster presentation. Abstracts shall be 300 words or less in length. While references and figures are a usual component of a full poster presentation, do not include them in the 300-word abstract. Abstracts will be reviewed by the Review Committee for quality and relevance. Accepted posters will be displayed on-site in Minneapolis for viewing during the conference.
ORAL PRESENTATIONS – General Information
Oral presentations are 10 minutes in duration with an additional 5 minutes at the end for moderated Q&A with the audience. Abstracts are to be 300 words or less in length. While references and figures are a usual component of a full oral presentation, do not include them in the abstract. Abstracts will be reviewed by the Review Committee for quality and relevance.
Although you may submit as many abstracts as you wish, it is unlikely that more than one oral presentation or poster per presenter can be accepted due to scheduling complexities.
**Author accounts have now been suspended to maintain confidentiality in the review process.
Author notifications will be sent in March 2024.